Saturday, July 13, 2024

GURPS on VTTs Section Added

A new link gadget is up, focusing on GURPS on VTTs and where to get everything. I have Fantasy Grounds set up now, with a link to the forums and the module you need to get playing. I am still learning how to use the FG system. I have used Roll 20 before, so I have experience with this type of software.

In all honesty, GURPS is very easy to play on any VTT. You just need a character sheet, 3d6, chat tools, tokens, and a hex map supported in the VTT. Unlike 5E, which uses automated character sheets, I prefer rolling 3d6 and checking the character sheet manually. To give you some context, I've played GURPS in Tabletop Simulator and Roll 20, and it's a smooth experience. You don't need a lot of 'custom game support' to get started anywhere you call your VTT home.

The super-nice thing about Fantasy Grounds is that the GURPS Character Sheet has an exporter that supports it, so if you want your GCS sheets in the VTT, there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment