Saturday, September 23, 2023

YouTube...

I am careful about watching YouTube and forming opinions.

Many of the content creators there use GURPS like they use any other "thing they dump on for clicks." If you follow a hobby, musician, music genre, video games, or any other topic - you know the "easy to dump on subjects."

It is unfortunate to wade into an environment like that. They are so negative, some even saying, "Roleplaying is impossible in GURPS."

Well? It is impossible to roleplay in 5E, too.

Did you feel angry? That is money to people who say things like that. I apologize, but it was to make a point. Content creators turn into click-hungry cannibals chasing negativity and anger for a few pennies a view.

There are far too many anger channels, and the pressures to go negative are too high.

I get angry and express frustration; I am human. I express it, but I am not selling hate and anger nor posting "dump videos." I have games that could do better or are crafted to be overly consumerist and wasteful. Some games just don't do it for me. I point out when a game's design pushes you subconsciously in a direction you may not expect.

Sometimes, 5E is the square peg in the round hole, and some genres struggle. Sci-fi and modern, for instance. People are such fans you can't even express otherwise; if it is the best game, then it is best at everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment